Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Critique - Week 11

(I know they're not all sans serif.)

For the typography project, instead of going out and finding type, I decided to stay in an further explore the type that surrounds me every day. These are a few of the movie posters that I have hanging in my apartment, and I frequently use them for inspiration. They are (in order) À Bout de Souffle (Breathless), Black Swan, Manhattan, Snatch, Splash, Cool Hand Luke, Vertigo, Gilda and Fargo. I blew up the selected letter and removed the rest of the type on the poster to emphasize the single letter style in the context of the other art elements of the poster. I very much like how it turned out, but that's probably because I love all the posters (perhaps with the exception of Splash. I only like Splash.)

3 comments:

  1. I love how you compiled this. Making the individual posters for each letter. I was so focused on looking at them as separate designs that it took me awhile to figure out what you were spelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great way of going about the project. It's cool to think of all the type that surrounds us. The type on these posters is really neat. You designed it so well that all the letters and other art elements fit together very nicely. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This type totally fits your interests. On another note, sweet apple icon. Theresa is pretty mad at you for taking her idea. ha. It's kind of reminds me of Conan's thing, but different.

    ReplyDelete